Flower Studio Lead Application
Please review entire job description before filling out the application. Application link is at the bottom on the page.
32-40 hrs/wk. THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION! February-Early June. This is a Paid Position- Pay depending on experience
This job is focused on creating high quality bundles of flowers for packaging and shipping. This is a lead role requiring orchestration of incoming and outgoing flowers and collaboration with management and field crew.
Attributes we are seeking from applicants:
- Incredible eye for quality
- Incredibly organized
- Forward looking/thinking
- Good spirited. Easy to work with, kind
- Actively seeks efficiency upgrades during work processes
- Thrives independently and as a teammate
- Detail oriented
- Willingness to take initiative, to learn, to ask questions. I.e. self assured, but humble and adaptive.
- At least 1 season farming, floral work, or comparable fast paced setting
- Floral design experience is a plus
- Can work outdoors in all weather conditions (mostly an indoor job, but the occasional harvest or field help will be required)
- Communicates well
- Quick and effective
- Ability to stand comfortably for long periods of time
- Ability to do repetitive tasks
- Quality control for all flowers to be sold
- Bunching most of the flowers for shipping
- Coordinating crew prep (crew flower bunching)
- Daily flower inventory (in cooler, tunnels, and fields)
- Communicate with crew about orders and daily workflow.
- Oversee quality of harvest before putting in cooler
- Organize flowers efficiently in cooler
- Shipping supplies inventory
- Coordinate w/ Mandy and Rachel on what we have and what we’ll offer
- Coordinate w/ Steve on packaging
- Help Rachel supply flowers for Farm Store
What this job is NOT:
- Floral design. We only do bouquets 2 times a year. Our focus is high quality bundles by variety, shipped directly to customers.
- Field hand: You will cut flowers on occasion, but it is not a large portion of the job. You may also work on group field projects from time to time but this position is mainly for inside studio work.
- Internship: Though there will be plenty learned on the job about flowers, farming, and how to effectively run a business, this is a paid job for someone with real work experience.
- Laid back: Though everyone out here is incredibly friendly, respectful, and drama free, it is a high paced work flow with specific deadlines each day, so time management and the ability to hustle while maintaining a good attitude is a must.
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION! February-Early June
This is a Paid Position- Pay depending on experience
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to learn more about flower farming, managing a small business, or just to be part of a fast paced, flower operation for half a year. It doesn’t hurt that you’ll be surrounded by beauty every single day.