Heirloom Mum cuttings || Ships Week of May 20th
Heirloom Mum cuttings || Ships Week of May 20th
Each product selection comes with 3 rooted cuttings and we require 4 selections per order (a total of 12 plants).
These Heirloom Chrysanthemums are perfect to add to your garden for Fall blooms! We have selected these heirloom varieties because they are our absolute favorites as cut flowers that give you both unparalleled beauty and strong stems!
What you will receive:
Each plug is approximately 3-4 inches tall from the bottom of the roots to the tip of the leaves. This may seem small but you will find that mums are fast and vigorous growers! Mums are easily propagated from cuttings and you will get a lot more plants from these cuttings if you pot them up and allow them to grow out a little more. We will include a care card and a link to our 'How To Take Mum Cuttings' video with every order.
Please select the week you would like your cuttings shipped. Plants from two different ship weeks cannot be placed in the same order. If you live in a colder region, we recommend picking a later date. We are not responsible for plants that are damaged/dead due to cold weather.
We unfortunately cannot ship to California, Alaska or Hawaii or internationally.
- Kelvin Tattoo- 1" pompom shaped blooms. Very productive with strong stems and many blooms per stem. They make every bouquet pop ! A staple on our farm. Height: 4 to 5 ft. Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Vesuvio- 1.5" white starburst, anemone style blooms. One of our personal favorite varieties to arrange. They put on a real sparkle show. Height: 2.5-3.5 ft. Mid to late bloom.
- Kelvin Mandarin- 1- 1.5" pompom shaped blooms. Mandarin orange balls fill the tall, strong stems. Very productive. A staple on our farm. Height: 4-5 ft. Mid Bloomer.
- Nijin Bigo-This Irregular incurve variety has golden exterior petals with a soft red color lining the interior. Such a fun one to grow! Height; 4-5 ft. Mid to late bloom.
- Saga No Yuki- Stems of white, feathery flowers. These Brush style blooms add texture galore to any arrangement. Height: 2-3ft. Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Ft. Vancouver- You get petals on petals with this beauty. The exterior petals practically shine while the maroon interior of the petals give off warm vibes. Very productive. Height: 4-5ft. Late Bloomer.
- Crimson Tide- Shiny, deep red ribbon-like petals with golden touches. This Irregular Incurve will get people talking. She's a beauty! Height- 2.5-3.5 ft. Late Bloomer.
- Saffina- One of our all time favorites! Quilled petals of crimson and gold shoot out like fireworks. Tall, strong stems support many blooms per stem. Height: 4-5ft. Late Bloomer.
- Kermit- These 1 to 1.5" cutie neon green Pompom style blooms add a real pop to bouquets. Great for Fall or for the holiday season. Productive. Height; 2.5-3ft . Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Purple Light- Large, anemone style blooms. Flower color starts as a lovely fuchsia but fades into a softer, lavender color over time. Height 3-3.5ft Mid Bloomer.
- Evan's Dream- Our personal favorite Spider mum. The lovely soft pink petals with white to yellow centers transition well from Fall to holiday season. Large flowers on sturdy stems. We can never grow enough of this variety. Height 2.5- 3.5ft. Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Mancetta Sunset- Daisy-like, Anemone style blooms with red to bronze petals and a popping yellow center. Very Productive. Height 3-3.5ft . Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Coral Reef- Such a lovely Spider mum variety . Gold to Orange to Red petals stretch out creating a real star burst. Strong, sturdy stems. Height 2.5- 3.5ft. Mid to late Bloomer.
- Annie Girl- A real charmer and a favorite of anyone who sees her! This large, pink decorative bloom goes nicely with the colors of Fall. Height; 2.5 - 3.5ft. Mid to Late Bloomer.
- Seaton's Coffee- Red quills have just a hint of brown hence the name! One of our favorite color palettes! Height 2.5 - 3ft. Mid to Late Bloomer.
We will ship these via FedEx 2 Day Express on your chosen ship week. You will receive an email notification from us when we have started sending shipments out and an email notification from Fedex when your package is in the mail.
Mums are packed with a biodegradable (and reusable!) ice pack to ensure the plants don't get too hot while in transit during warm weather. If your region is colder, we advise that you select a later ship date to avoid frost damage. All of our packaging material from labels and boxes to the “plastic” sleeves the plants come in are compostable. Please get your mums out of the sleeves and potted up asap so that they can readjust to your climate after their stressful journey.
How to take care of your plants:
- Please be sure to take your plants out of the box asap. Plant them in your favorite potting soil, set them in a shady area and give them a good drink of water. Allow them to recover from their stressful journey for a few days.
- Protect them from extreme conditions like high temperatures and direct sun when you unpack them. They will need a few days to adjust back to direct sun.
- Once adjusted, find a fertilized, sun filled spot to plant them. You can plant them in a sunny part of the garden or in tunnels for Fall flower production.
- Mums should be spaced 1 to 2 feet apart depending on the size of the plant when planting out.
- Plants can be cut back as late as early July to encourage bushier plants. We recommend cutting back multiple times to increase stem count.
- Most varieties do get tall even after pinching so we highly recommend adding horticulture netting on top of the plants to help protect the stems from bending or breaking.
- Protect plants from frost in the Fall as they are usually in full bloom during Frost conditions.
- In order to overwinter these varieties, plants will need to be protected from deep freezes. We suggest digging them up and storing them in a pot in a greenhouse, garage, or other protected space.